[Asterisk-Users] Problem with '#' key recognition

Colin Martin asterisk at electriciq.net
Sat Oct 15 08:14:46 MST 2005

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 03:21:38PM +0100, Colin Martin wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I seem to be unable to get Asterisk to recognise the '#' key being
>>pressed to acknowledge an incoming call from a queue. No matter how many
>>times I press the key to acknowledge, the Asterisk server acts as if I
>>have not.
>>
>>I have installed the ztdummy module, and it seems that Asterisk is
>>picking it up OK (mainly since it's not moaning about permissions for
>>IAX timing any more).
>>
>>I am using the Asterisk version that is packaged in Debian Stable
>>(Asterisk 1.0.7-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC7k) and the call that goes out
>>expecting a '#' goes over an IAX provider to a UK mobile/landline.
>

> What phone do you use? How is it connected to Asterisk?

I have tried all the following phones:

Cisco 7940 (via SIP)
UK Mobile, Orange, Samsung D500 (via IAX to outbound provider)
UK Landline (via IAX to outbound provider)

It just seems that Asterisk totally ignores the '#' key.

I found the following on
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20AgentCallbackLogin

"(Note: Without a valid zaptel timing source, the '#' acknowledgement
will not happen.) "

Although I have installed the ztdummy module, is there any way to get
Asterisk to tell me if it is working or not?

Many thanks for the response.

Colin