[Asterisk-Users] Calibrating both RX and TX gain?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Fri Oct 14 16:18:12 MST 2005

{clip}

The call may pass through echo cancellation or conditioning equipment along the way so your mileage may vary however, for the purposes people use them, here I suspect it would work just fine. It's always best to try to use the milliwatt source on the local switch to eliminate any additional variables.

Also note that on some CO switches, such as the Telus GDT5 in this area, the milliwatt generator is an analog source so it's barred from being dialed from PRI B channels as the resulting signal levels are not calibrated. Try troubleshooting that one through the repair service...

Hope that helps.

Kris Boutilier
Information Services Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District