[Asterisk-Users] DID on analog line

Jeremy Gault jgault at winworld.cc
Fri Oct 14 13:26:19 MST 2005

George Pajari wrote:

> Depends on your ILEC/CLEC. Here is Vancouver they are the same price
> as non-DID trunks with DID numbers $2/ea in quantities < 1000 (from at
> least one CLEC). I have heard of CLECs in the US where DIDs are a
> tenth of this cost.

Yep.  We're using US LEC here (with a PRI) and they charge us ~$4/month
for a block of 20 DIDs.

I'm not sure if they would do any of the analog DID stuff, though.
Actually, I don't think you can purchase straight analog lines from them
(unless you co-lo at their switch.)  Instead, if you need analog,
they'll bring in a T1 and setup a channel bank for you.

I've always wondered why some places charge so much for DIDs, though.

          Jeremy

--
Jeremy Gault, KD4NED    <jgault at winworld.cc>
Network Administrator, WinWorld Corporation

Want a free GMail invite?  E-Mail me and let me know!