[Asterisk-Users] Calibrating both RX and TX gain?

Shaw Terwilliger sterwill at sourcegear.com
Fri Oct 14 11:18:37 MST 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 11:38:00AM -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
> A milliwatt generator creates an audio signal at 1,004 hz and 0db. It
> has nothing at all to do with a T1 signalling, etc. You can yell into
> a analog telephone set and create audio levels greater then 0 db.
>
> Whoever is feeding you the above words apparently has no knowledge of
> telephony whatsoever.

I got a similar run-around from my telco (SBC).  The customer and technical
service people had no idea that this type of line existed.  They sent me
to the tech dispatch people, who seemed to know what kind of line this was,
but said, "we don't have these kind of numbers... that we give out to
anybody."

It's just a number that plays a tone at a reference volume when you call it.
Maybe you can get the number from some area telco consultants/installers.

--
Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill at sourcegear.com>
SourceGear LLC