[Asterisk-Users] Don't know what to do if second ROSE component is of type 0x6

Jeremy Gault jgault at winworld.cc
Fri Oct 14 07:23:13 MST 2005

FWIW, we are also seeing this message each time we receive a call.  I
also went the Google route and found only questions, not answers.  We
are running a PRI from US LEC (channels 1-10 are B-channels, with
channel 24 being the D-channel, and we are only running voice on the
PRI.)  The PRI is connected directly to our Digium TE110P card, and
obviously we are using the zaptel drivers.

We did not see this message when running */zaptel/libpri 1.0.9.
However, after upgrading (we went to 1.2.0-beta1 and now to CVS) we
started seeing the message.  (I don't remember exactly if we saw it in
the beta, but we do in the CVS.)

In our case, it does not seem to affect the stability of our * machine.
(However, bear in mind that you may be using parts of * that we do not,
and the problem could lie in those parts.)  We're handling all PSTN
calls via the PRI, except outbound to toll-free which are handed off to
an IAX gateway on the Internet.  Our employees' desks are connected via
the LAN (using Polycom 500/501 SIP phones.)  I have a remote extension
at home (also SIP) using a Sipura SPA-2000.

We did have some stability issues (Asterisk would segfault) when we
first moved to CVS.  Of course, safe_asterisk handled this and a couple
of days later we updated again from CVS and it seemed to fix the
stability issue we were having.

If you are using CVS (but not the latest one) you may want to try upgrading.

I wouldn't worry about that message, though.  However, I would also be
interested in knowing what it means/what causes it. :)

          Jeremy