[Asterisk-Users] UPDATE - 512 Calls w/ Dig Rec: NFS Setup and Benchmarks

Thu Oct 13 23:59:31 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 17:54 -0400, Matt Roth wrote:
> List members,

> 2) What will happen on the NFS client if the NFS server crashes (I expect the
> leg files to be written to the local mount point until the mount is reesablished)?

Why don't you create a file on the NFS server called something like
"nfsmount" then your script which copies files from RAMdisk to NFS would
check for the existence of a file called "nfsmount", if it isn't there
you either copy the file to a local partition, or delay to copy until
the NFS mount returns.... or copy to a different NFS server (backup)
etc...

Regards,
Adam