[Asterisk-Users] what should i select ??????????

Tom Hayden thayden at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 18:13:28 MST 2005

Well, Ishtiaq, to build on what Mark says...

First, I hate to be a grammar nazi, but you should use better grammar
in your emails.  It looks very unprofessional using the  word 'ur'.

Moving on, if this is a new install, which it appears to be, I would
do it *right* and put the solid investment into it the first time, so
you're not replacing the hardware early or doing constant
maintenance/upgrades.

Alot of what you are asking depends on the circumstances. I mean, are
you going to have PRI's between the different offices? How do you plan
to terminate your calls to the PSTN?  I personally, would put in SIP
hardphones of the Cisco or Polycom variety and have each of your
offices connect via IP to a central location for routing of PSTN
traffic (whether you terminate calls to the PSTN or use a VoIP
provider is another argument).  However, it all depends on the amount
of traffic you handle already, the type of connections you're looking
at and a lot of other variables.

Frankly, if you're deploying a network of this size, it's a mission
critical assignment, and you don't have a whole lot of telecom/voip
experience,  I would look at hiring one of the consultants on this
list to get you going in the right direction. It's worth the
investment.

--
Tom Hayden
Astoria Telecom, LLC