[Asterisk-Users] DID on analog line

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Thu Oct 13 12:28:36 MST 2005

Yes, DID on analog line is possible.  Your carrier may or may not
support it.   For the most reliable service you'll want a 'wink
start' line with DMTF digits.   With a DID line you supply
'battery' (-48VDC) to the phone company.  They bring the tip to
ground for a second to signal an incoming call.  You reverse polarity
(the wink) on the battery to signal you are ready for digits.  They
DTMF the digits down the line and connect the audio channel.   You
can have them send 10 or less digits, the more digits, the longer it
takes to signal for each call.

I don't know if Asterisk supports analog DID but I assume it would as
it supports just about everything else.

-Matt