[Asterisk-Users] fax consult

Carlos Alperin calperin at senecacom.net
Thu Oct 13 07:37:38 MST 2005

Dear sirs,

I believe that this question should go to Steve Underwood, but if someone
else also has something to say, I have my ears totally open.

After differents tests (None of them worked), I'm ready to install spandsp,
app_txfax & app_rx fax to try fax to email & email to fax.

This is my environment.

A server with a PRI card Digium TE405, a Pentium 4 HT 3.2 GHz with 1 GB ram,
RH 9.0 and Asterisk CVS-v1-0-12/28/04-03:08:11 is all that I can get from
show version.

I already installed:

autoconf    2.59

automake  1.9.6

libtool         1.5.20

GNU m4     1.4.3

Libtiff          3.7.4

Jpeg     (However Libtiff doesn't find it)

astfax               installed

epstools            installed

spandsp            installed

See the report:

  Installation directory:             /usr/local

  Documentation directory:            ${prefix}/share/doc/tiff-3.7.4

  C compiler:                         gcc -g -O2 -Wall

  C++ compiler:                       g++ -g -O2

  Enable runtime linker paths:        no

 Support for internal codecs:

  CCITT Group 3 & 4 algorithms:       yes

  Macintosh PackBits algorithm:       yes

  LZW algorithm:                      yes

  ThunderScan 4-bit RLE algorithm:    yes

  NeXT 2-bit RLE algorithm:           yes

  LogLuv high dynamic range encoding: yes

 Support for external codecs:

  ZLIB support:                       yes

  Pixar log-format algorithm:         yes

  JPEG support:                       no

  Old JPEG support:                   no

  C++ support:                        yes

  OpenGL support:                     no

And it left to compile app_rx_fax & app_tx_fax.

It is any other recommendation before to start with this?

Thanks for any comment,

Carlos Alperin