[Asterisk-Users] New Sangoma AA Series?

Mark Lipscombe markl at telephonyware.com
Wed Oct 12 07:25:51 MST 2005

Seth Remington wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I saw an add in my latest Linux Journal advertising Sangoma's new "AA
> series" of FXO/FXS analog cards with on-board echo cancellation, but I
> can't find any information at all on them. Even the link given in the
> advertisement is a dead end as far as I can tell. Anybody else
> seen/heard anything about this?

Hi,

Telephonyware ran the ad, and we weren't quite expecting it to be in
everyone's hands so soon -- this was our first Linux Journal ad, so we
weren't quite prepared with information on our website.

As a stop-gap, we've set up a page with some brief information and a
mailing list for more information and to announce pre-orders.

This is at http://www.telephonyware.com/sangoma

We expect to be able to start accepting pre-orders within the next
couple of weeks.  Keep an eye on the -biz list for more information
about that.

In the mean time, here is some more information so this thread hasn't
been a waste of time.  The new cards will be available soon, and will
also have an option for an addon 16 port hardware echo canceller with a
128ms echo tail -- this will be available in early December.

The analog boards will consist of three components, a shark board, which
is the base PCI board, a daughterboard, and FXO/FXS modules (with two
FXO, or two FXS interfaces per module).  The first board you have in
your system will have the base board, the daughterboard, and one or two
FXO or FXS modules.  When you want to add more than 4 ports, you add
another daughterboard, and one or two more FXO/FXS modules.  These
basically sit "over" a PCI slot, and screw into the back of the chassis,
but do not actually sit in the PCI slot itself.

Everything is then connected via an external backplane, in much the same
way a series of SCSI drives are plugged into a "daisy chain".

Here is a picture of a mainboard, plus a second daughterboard, with the
backplane connector all hooked up:

http://www.telephonyware.com/images/sangoma_backplane.jpg

The number of FXO or FXS ports in a single chassis is limited only by
the available slots at the back of your chassis.

These boards will be in beta within the next two weeks, and they will be
around the same price point as the TDM04B.

Regards,
Mark Lipscombe

--
Telephonyware - Intelligent Telephony Solutions
1-866-864-2304 | 1-408-331-1971 | Ext 6006