[Asterisk-Users] Which asterisk-friendly cards are fax-capable?

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Oct 13 00:06:02 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 14:03 +0800, Craig Guy wrote:
> I have downloaded iaxmodem and gone through the readme but not yet installed
> it.  I currently use rxfax to receive in the vicinity of 1200 faxes per day
> and 5000 or more pages (faxes vary from single page to 30 pages) per E1,
> with a peak load of about 12 concurrent inbound faxes to rxfax.  Best I can
> tell my failure rate is about 0.8%.  I have been testing using Hylafax for
> faxout with an 8 port analog fax modem card and a couple PAP2NA's and this
> works well, but I am very much looking forward to checking out iaxmodem.
> Especially if using Hylafax will give me ECM.
>
> Craig

You may have already planned this, but I would be interested in hearing
how it works for you.  Granted that will take some time for you to even
know how well it works ...

As a side note I am looking at iaxmodem now (although I am easily
distracted) with the hopes of using some of the modem codecs spandsp
supports to at least get tdd support working for asterisk, and the end
hope of more modem protocols.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378