[Asterisk-Users] which hardware should i use??????????

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Wed Oct 12 13:22:11 MST 2005

I recommend checking the following site...
www.voip-info.org

Lots of info for you there...

By VoIP phones, I think you are meaning "soft phones" which are software
based.
You will need a headset for the PC that runs the software phone.
Usually Logitech or Plantronics at about $50 a headset.

If you want a hardware phone on a budget then Snom and Grandstream are
popular.

The Asterisk servers only need a card if they will be connected to the
PSTN.  So for a bunch of POTS line you want a TDM card or a channel bank
and T1 card.  The T1 card for a real newbie would be the Digium brand.
A more advanced user might consider a Sangoma.

Good luck and hope you are doing well in Pakistan.

Cheers,
Wiley