[Asterisk-Users] Which asterisk-friendly cards are fax-capable?

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Wed Oct 12 06:53:04 MST 2005

Actually Bob, that isn't what I meant. Lee simply suggested a different
way (IAXModem instead of analog modem) of implementing what I meant. I
would still recommend using analog if you can but, if you cannot, use
IAXModem from Lee.

Asterisk's faxing capabilities are not nearly as advanced, stable, or
easy to set up as HylaFAX. Also, there seem to be many problems with
frame slipping and the like that screw up faxing over Digium cards, and
maybe others as well.

Either way, I was just saying that grabbing a good modem (see HylaFAX
list archives for suggestions - NOT USRobotics!!!) and installing
HylaFAX would be easier, more reliable, and all-in-all, a better
solution than messing with Asterisk's built-in fax capability.

Tom