[Asterisk-Users] Dual PRI fail over

Billy Huddleston billy at nxs.net
Tue Oct 11 21:57:28 MST 2005

NFAS isn't needed for redundancy.. You can do this with 2 PRI's just have
them in the same huntgroup at the CO..  All NFAS really does is free up a
extra B Channel.. For 2 PRI's it makes no sense.. For anything over 2 you
pickup 1 extra B channel per PRI.. We use NFAS on our RAS setup for the
ISP.. We get a extra 6 lines on our 8 PRI group.