[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail Passwords and RealTime

Ryan Hulsker ryan.hulsker at cybersurf.com
Tue Oct 11 16:37:12 MST 2005

Juan,

I just went through the same thing here.  I never did get it to work, i
suspect it is a bug but have not had time to look into it.

What I did was use the externpass configuration directive in
voicemail.conf to run an external perl script which updates my database.

externpass will run your perl script with 3 arguments, context, mailbox,
and password once the user has entered the password 2 times and they
match.

mine looks like this

#!/usr/bin/perl
# Takes 3 command line args, context, mailbox, password
# updates the mailbox password in mysql

use strict;
use DBI;

my ($Context, $MailBox, $Password) = @ARGV;

my $dbh =
DBI->connect("dbi:mysql:hostname=localhost;database=asterisk","username", "password");

$dbh->do("update voicemail_users set password = '$Password' where
context = '$Context' and mailbox = '$MailBox'");

$dbh->disconnect();

Hope this helps!

Ryan Hulsker