[Asterisk-Users] PRI echo issues: solvable?

Tad Heckaman douglash at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 15:11:02 MST 2005

I am having echo problems as well. One thing a Cisco guy recommended to me
was adjust the txgain down, and see if the echo gets better. I changed mine
to -10, and that drastically improved the echo. What the guy was explaining
to me was that there could be a device on the line someplace that is
increasing gain by 10-15db, and perhaps its also adding some delay. With
that combination, asterisk's echo cancelation cant handle that, and thus we
hear echo. Tomorrow I am going to call bellsouth and see if they can check
to see if there is anything on the lines that might be causing that.

On 10/11/05, Kris Boutilier <Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca> wrote:

> [...]

Tad Heckaman