[Asterisk-Users] Which asterisk-friendly cards are fax-capable?

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Oct 11 14:08:53 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 17:01 -0400, Tom Rymes wrote:
> Frankly, I would recommend that you forget about trying to fax with
> Asterisk. Buy a good Multitech analog modem and install HylaFAX.
>
> Use the right tool for the job!!!

Asterisk may be able to fax better in the somewhat near future.  One of
the things holding up T.38 support is the inability for asterisk to
switch codecs on the fly.  I am not saying that is the only thing, just
one of the things.  Well 1.2 is supposed to have better support in that
regard, which means that work on T.38 can happen in a better way in the
future.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378