[Asterisk-Users] call to a particular 800 numbernevershowsanswered on Zap channel

Andy Goss agoss at networkadvocates.com
Tue Oct 11 12:21:58 MST 2005

> Watch the output of 'pri debug span 1' on the Asterisk server while
> placing the call - bug #4468 (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4468)
> might be relevant.

Yes, this is exactly what is happening.  Thanks a lot.  I am thinking about adding a special case for the IBM 800 number since it is the only one my company is complaining about.  Currently I have this in my dialplan:

; outgoing calls
;
; 7 digit
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Congestion
; 10 digit
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/1${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,2,Congestion
; 11 digit
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Congestion

If I wanted to add a special case for IBM, with the Answer before the dial as suggested for an ugly fix, would I need to add this before the 10 and 11 digit patterns or does it matter?  Would adding this work:

exten => 18004267378,1,Answer()
exten => 18004267378,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})
exten => 18004267378,3,Congestion

Thanks,
Andy