[Asterisk-Users] For everyone who has Disconnect Supervision related issues (not hanging up!)

Leigh Fereday leigh at mustique.vc
Tue Oct 11 07:57:04 MST 2005

I apologise if this is considered commercial, but I wanted people to know.

I've been fighting up with Asterisk and the TDM cards to hang-up when a
calling party disconnects, and I know I'm not alone in this fight!

My telco doesn't have polarity reversal for Disconnect Supervision, instead,
I get the following:

1) Dial Tone
2) Congestion Tone
3) Line goes dead and is unavailable (Out Of Service - telco protects line)

I've discovered the following box that will provide a disconnect signal:
http://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=346

Now then, I apologise again if this is inappropriate, but I would have
thought that Digium, knowing of this issue should be manufacturing something
like this as well.

P.S. - I've not tried it yet, but have ordered it!, and read the PDF