[Asterisk-Users] callerid validation and expression parser problems on Solaris 10

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Tue Oct 11 07:03:41 MST 2005

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 14:12 +0200, Joseph Rothstein wrote:
>

>>I am setting up a voicemail (VM) system based on Asterisk. From what
>>I've heard Vonage uses Asterisk as their VM platform as well. I am
>>running 1.2beta with a MYSQL backend for extensions and VM user info.
>>All the sound files and vm messages are being stored through an NFS
>>mount externally. The reason for this is that there will be several
>>asterisk VM frontends, all accessing the same config and vm user info
>>as well as sounds files.
>>

>By sound files do you mean the static 'enter your password' type files?
>You may do a lot better having those on the individual boxes to reduce
>the load on the network.  If its static keep it on the box, as a general
>rule.

Are the frontends and the nfs server close enough to easily cable them
together? If so just add a nic to each box and a switch. That way you
can have a separate lan for that network activity. I helped somebody do
a gigabit ethernet lan that had a monster raid5 nfs server on 10.1.1.1
with 6 nfs clients to start out. Next thing he will put on the lan is a
dedicated database server.