[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Chan-sccp-users] Need help with hint and callgroup

Jordan Bean jordan.bean at webcoretech.com
Tue Oct 11 06:51:43 MST 2005

I don't think that will fix my problem.  The hints on the individual
user extensions (101, 102, 103 and 104 below) are working just fine.

sccp.conf example of 1 user:

[devices]
type = 7970
description = User1
tzoffset = -6
autologin = 101,401
speeddial = 102,User2,102 at wct-internal
speeddial = 103,User3,103 at wct-internal
speeddial = 104,User4,104 at wct-internal
device => SEP000F90CEF9D3

[lines]
id = 101
pin = 1234
label = User1
description = Line101
context = wct-internal
incominglimit = 2
mailbox = 101 at wct-internal
vmnum = 8501
cid_name = User1
cid_num = 101
line => 101

id = 401
pin = 1234
label = Tech Support
description = Line401
context = webcore-internal
incominglimit = 2
mailbox = 400 at webcore-internal
vmnum =
cid_name = Tech Support
cid_num = 401
line => 401

extensions.conf example:

[wct-internal]
exten => 101,hint,SCCP/101
exten => 102,hint,SCCP/102
exten => 103,hint,SCCP/103
exten => 104,hint,SCCP/104
exten => 401,hint,SCCP/101
exten => 402,hint,SCCP/102
exten => 403,hint,SCCP/103
exten => 404,hint,SCCP/104
exten => 400,1,Dial(SCCP/401&SCCP/402&SCCP/403&SCCP/404,20)
exten => 400,2,Voicemail(u400 at -internal)
exten => 400,3,Hangup

When someone dials extension 400, it rings SCCP/401-404, which shows up
as the "Tech Support" line on the phone.  When a user answers that line,
they are answering SCCP/401-404.  I need to get that individual users
line status to change to busy because they are on the phone.

I assume this is not working because extensions 401-404 are never
actually dialed.

Any suggestions?

Jordan Bean
Webcore Technologies, Inc.