[Asterisk-Users] Clicks, pops and noise

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Oct 11 05:17:28 MST 2005

> > If you don't have any T1/E1 connections to the outside world, then
> > pick one channel bank and call it your official source of sync, and
>
> would other pbx boxen, like the ericsson md110 serve as good timing sources ?

If there are no direct connect pstn links (eg, T1/E1) to sync from, then
pick "something" and call it your clock-sync source. It really doesn't
make much difference what kind of box it happens to be. The md110 is just
as good a source as probably other boxen in your environment.

If there are multiple asterisk boxes connected together via T1/E1's,
I'd pick a box that is easy to access with the thought process that
sooner or later the asterisk box _might_ get a direct pstn T1/E1 making
the change to sync from it easier (in the future).

I would also pick a box to sync from that, in your best judgement, would
be the stablist clock. That would likely be some commercial, well
established, and reliable box as opposed to some off-the-wall thing
that may not be the most stable thing on earth.