[Asterisk-Users] CallerID for BSNL (India) phones

Gurminder Arora gurmi.linux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 01:46:44 MST 2005

Hi raj,
   Perhaps both of us are going through same tunnel...
some days back there was a thread , sorry that I am repeating it here

Hi!

Looking at the CID code for ss_thread() in chan_zap.c (CVS HEAD as of
yesterday), it appears pretty clear that there is no way it will work
with the Dutch POTS network - the caller-id is sent as DTMF *after* the
first ring. I thought this had worked in some version, but has it been
broken again in the latest ones?

       Julf

As india also uses dtmf detection...as dutch POTS so this may be the reason.
Even if it is not the reason then developers pls guide to achieve the goal.

/Guri