[Asterisk-Users] DTMF detection

Tom Vile tom.vile at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 18:27:27 MST 2005

I have been battling this problem for 2 months with no resolution as of yet
with TelaSIP. I am told that it is a provider problem(Level 3) because all
TelaSIP is doing is passing the call directly to them once the call comes
through.

Anyone else having this issue with TelaSIP or Level3?

On 10/10/05, John Millican <john at millican.us> wrote:

> Hello all,
> yes there is a lot of information about this on the wiki and in past posts
> on
> this list but have not found anything that has solved my problem.
> setup is:
> phone-->PAP2-na-->asterisk v1.0.9(in house on local subnet dtmf is
> inband)--->PSTN--->Telisip---->asterisk box at colo v1.0.9 VoIP only. I
> have
> only access to dial up so can not go VoIP out of the house.
> In extensions.conf on colo * i have some logic that based on callerid lets
> me
> hit a single digit to get to DISA, this work every time.
> the problem is that when i enter a number for DISA to dial i get duplicate
> digits, example i enter 6037862111 and disa tries to dial 6003778621. I
> have
> tried setting relaxdtmf=yes in sip.conf with no luck. I have read on the
> wiki that RFC2833 should work, but alas its a no go. I am also using ulaw
> which should not be distorting the dtmf through compresion, correct? Also
> with RFC2833 it should not matter? Everything works great otherwise.
> sip.conf
> for colo * is posted below:
> [general]
> context=telasip
> port=5060
> bindaddr=0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>
> srvlookup=yes
>
> disallow=all ; First disallow all codecs
> allow=ulaw
>
> register => username:password at gw3.telasip.com
>
> [telasip]
> type=peer
> username=*****
> fromuser=*****
> authname=*****
> secret=*****
> host=gw3.telasip.com <http://gw3.telasip.com>
> context=default
> dtmfmode=RFC2833
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> canreinvite=no
> nat=no
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
> John Millican

Tom Vile
Baldwin Technology Solutions, Inc
Consulting - Web Design - VoIP Telephony
www.baldwintechsolutions.com <http://www.baldwintechsolutions.com>
Phone: 518-631-2855 x205
Fax: 518-631-2856