[Asterisk-Users] Realtime Extensions - DB concepts

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Mon Oct 10 16:25:56 MST 2005

OK, I have just discovered what may be a conceptual flaw in realtime
extensions.

DB schema as follows:

uniqueid, context, exten_id, priority, application, application_data

Primary key is uniqueid with an compound index of context and exten_id

data looks something like this:

xxxxx, sip, 5555551212, 1, SetVar,ext=${EXT}
xxxxx, sip, 5555551212, 1, Goto, officevm|2|1

The database is MySQL

pretty stock layout you say

the first set of inserts goes correctly

Now here's where it get's tricky.

let's say we want to update an extension.  The simple way is construct a
new pair of records you say and do a "REPLACE INTO" operation on the DB.
yes?  NO!  That results in a new pair being inserted, not the old ones
being updated so the table grows and grows and grows.

Well, am I doing something wrong?