[Asterisk-Users] CallerID Outbound on VOXEE

Jerry James jjames at smartertek.net
Mon Oct 10 11:39:28 MST 2005

Has anyone successfully managed to get outbound CallerID to work on outbound
calls through VOXEE?

On CallerID I mean NUMBER ( I know how the PSTN works)

My callee’s keeps getting “private call”, of course the call is blocked when
callee has anonymous call block.

I have searched through the wikki and have added VOXEE suggested  line (from
their web page) into extensions.conf

Support at Voxee claims they have no control of what the ILEC does with
their info they parse to them.

I have tried to explain to them the difference of “private” and “unknown”

It has always been my experience that “private” is only used when one of the
following is done:

ISDN setup or ss7 IAM message is set with presentation restricted.

Any technical difficulty such as no numbers being sent, traversing over a
non SS7 or ISDN path results in

A “UNKNOWN”

At this point I would be happy with a UNKNOWN.

Jerry