[Asterisk-Users] telephony that "just works"

Michael Van Donselaar michael-list at vandonselaar.org
Mon Oct 10 09:57:20 MST 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:01:12 -0300, Ivan Stepaniuk <istepaniuk at opensa.com.ar>
wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 13:28 +0200, lenz wrote:
>> I am looking for a way to have multiple remote Windows users download a
>> package and get connected to *. My idea would be that they run a simple
>> app, it connects without any setting to an * box (maybe via IAX) and then
>> people press a button to talk. It would be okay if they had to enter a
>> username and password, but not more than that.
>
>i've tried IaxComm
>http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/
>
>it works, it's iax, and it's open source so you can re-package -
>re-compile it with you own default settings (or even hide those settings
>you don't want final users to see)

Rather than recompile with presets, you'd probably want to change the reg keys
used in the installer.  When I was first developing iaxComm for family and
friends, I distributed the executable with a .reg file with their
username/password, the asterisk server , and a few speed dials preset.

I finally wrote the installer script for an ITSP that has a really neat
approach:

The user provides username and password on the web page.  The server modifies
the username and password in the nsi script, and rebuilds a new installer for
each user.