[Asterisk-Users] Clicks, pops and noise

Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Mon Oct 10 06:41:09 MST 2005

On 10/10/2005, "Rich Adamson " <radamson at routers.com> wrote:

<snip>

>If you don't have any T1/E1 connections to the outside world, then
>pick one channel bank and call it your official source of sync, and
>change the above definitions to sync off that channel bank. On all
>other channel banks, configure them to sync off the asterisk card.

<snip>

>Your clicks will go away.

Rich,

Thanks for your input. I tried as you suggested, and now the first
channel bank is set as master. The three other channel banks are set as
slaves. My zaptel.conf now looks like:

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
fxsks=1-24

span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxsks=25-48

span=3,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxsls=49-72

span=4,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxsls=73-96

so essentially saying that the first FXO channel bank's T1 is the
primary sync source. unloaded zap modules, reloaded them and restarted
asterisk. clicks and noise still appear. but it was after I did an
AutoT1 (forgot to mention we're using Rhinos) did the click and pops go
away.

However, some channels on one of the channel banks are still problematic.
I'm checking with Rhino to see if it's a channel bank problem, since
the noise always appears on the same channel no matter how many times I
reboot, unload/load etc.

Thanks again for your advice!

regards,
Flynn