[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel Line Build Out

asterisk asterisk at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Oct 11 04:27:17 MST 2005

I don't think you will have any problems at all.  I have always used the
lowest setting no matter how long the cable (never had a very long cable
run) and have never run into any problems.

My assumption of the CSU settings are because different CSUs have different
voltage outputs (this is just a guess)

Another educated guess is that the settings just tell asterisk how much to
amplify the signal coming in (similar to RX and TX gain) due to attenuation
loss.

Thanks,
Steve

> Yeah... sorta.
>
> So the CSU settings may be used when the E1 is pulled down to my premises,
and I
> have a short cable connecting directly to the CSU device. I don't know why
I'd

http://www.adc.com/Library/Techpub/80348_1.pdf?refer=Library&C=Copper_Connectivity&L=DS1_E1_Twisted_Pair_Products

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid7_gci211613,00.html

> [...]
10/7/2005