[Asterisk-Users] telephony that "just works"

lenz lenz-ml at oinko.net
Mon Oct 10 04:28:17 MST 2005

Hello list,
I am looking for a way to have multiple remote Windows users download a
package and get connected to *. My idea would be that they run a simple
app, it connects without any setting to an * box (maybe via IAX) and then
people press a button to talk. It would be okay if they had to enter a
username and password, but not more than that.

Looking for such software, I keep finding how much easier for a
non-technical end-user is to download skype and have it running than
downloading a softphone, creating an account, configuring the softphone
and then dialing the required number. Having a way to use skype as a
terminal would be nice, but I fear it's impossible by now (see
http://www.skypejournal.com/blog/archives/2005/03/skype_strategy.php ).

So, anybody has experience of something that could be used, repackaged,
modified or you-know-what that could be helpful in this case? And don't
you think a IAX intercom could be somehow useful? :-)

Bye
l.

--
Assum est, versa et manduca.