[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel Line Build Out

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Sun Oct 9 17:23:53 MST 2005

Maybe I need to be a little more specific.

I know what signal attenuation is. What I don't know, is how LBO (and
specifically the implementation of it as used in the zaptel hardware/software)
helps the situation.

My servers are co-located with my carrier, and my PRI circuits are run through
several patch panels, jumpers, etc. to another room, where they terminate on a
DMS-100. I have asked the carrier for an estimated cable length, so i can
correctly set the LBO.

In the zaptel config, what is meant by DSX-1? What is CSU?

Why would I use a -7.5db, -15db or -22.5db LBO?