[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, VoiceTronix & UK Caller ID

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sun Oct 9 08:02:47 MST 2005

On Sun, October 9, 2005 15:39, Ian Bonham said:
> Hi All,
>
> Just a quick question, but I could really use some help on this one.
>
> I've got the CVS-Head of * installed and running, and am using a
> VoiceTronix
> OpenSwitch12 to connect to 12 analouge lines. I've got callerid activated
> by
> the Telco, and can get callerid using a std phone. However, using *, I
> always get an error 'Cannot decode callerid'.
>
> Does anyone know if I need to patch the vpb driver or something?

There is a patch you can apply to Asterisk, as the UK uses a different
method of sending caller id than other countries. VOIP-info has a page
here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+and+UK+Caller+ID

There are patches here for zaptel and asterisk:
http://www.lusyn.com/asterisk/patches.html

--
John