[Asterisk-Users] Regcontext/regexten broken??

Stewart siacali at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 20:23:37 MST 2005

Recently I've noticed two bits of odd behavior with respect to
regcontext/regexten in CVS HEAD & 1.2 Beta1, and I was wondering if anyone
could shed some light on this.
 I've set up a regcontext in sip.conf. I've set up two users with regexten
entries, one in sip.conf and one in a mysql realtime table.
 The first bit of oddness is that regexten seems to work somewhat as
described for users whose entries are in sip.conf, but for the user whose
entries are in a realtime database, it doesn't seem to work at all.
Specifically for the sip.conf user, the cli reports adding the extension
upon registration, and 'show dialplan' indeed shows the added entry. For a
user configured through a realtime database, the cli reports adding the
extension upon registration, but 'show dialplan' shows no added extension
(and indeed attempts to dial the allegedly registered extension fail).
 The second bit of oddness is that in the sip.conf.sample it states
"Patterns may be used in regexten" however, while registering a sip user
with regexten=_45X does yield an entry (according to 'show dialplan' for the
regcontext) of '_45X' => 1. Noop(test)', attempts to dial anything that
should match that pattern (451, 452, etc) in that context result in reports
of no such extension...it appears almost as if pattern matching is not being
performed on extensions added by SIP.
 So...question is, what's broken here? Is is Asterisk? My understanding? Or
my installation of Asterisk? All three...?? ;-)
 If anyone can shed some light, I'd greatly appreciate it.
 Stewart