[Asterisk-Users] Re: www.openpbx.org

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Oct 8 13:21:25 MST 2005

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 08:41:00PM +0100, Tony Hoyle wrote:

> TBH I'd rather digium had chosen something like BSD to start with and
> avoided all the GPL politics but the situation we have is the one we have.

But then you wouldn't have to pay them if you wanted your own propritary
fork. Not to mention that it prevents evil others to create a propritary
fork: even a fork must have a GPL license[*]

[*] Almost GPL: openssl and openh323's licenses is incompatible with
the GPL, and hence the current "modified GPL" license will still have to
be used.