[Asterisk-Users] Re: need help-can't not register to asterisk from softphone

julien bos julientoasteriskuser at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 12:52:14 MST 2005

There are a lots of strange things in my server fedora core 4 for asterisk.
The first thing is that:
- after (make, make install, make sample), i try to run asterisk by asterisk
-vvvvvc from
terminal. Then, i can enter CLI screen.
 -now i try to use netstat -a or netstat --listening, i can't see the port
5060.
What does it means? it means that when i send REGISTER from client to
server, cos
server doesn't listen in port 5060, so il reponse by ICMP destination
unreachable.
Am i right?
 How can i install asterisk?
How did you install asterisk? Thank you for your instruction.