[Asterisk-Users] Re: www.openpbx.org

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Sat Oct 8 04:38:22 MST 2005

On 10/07/05 23:28 Jon Pounder said the following:
> There are people out there who wish to contribute, and not have their work
> lost on an individual project website since they do not choose to accept
> digium's terms to contribute to asterisk. This gives them an opportunity
> to do so, and have their work aggregated with everyone else in the same
> category, so it is one stop shopping for users.

that makes a lot of sense, considering that many have voiced similar
opinions here in the past. however i would urge the openpbx.org folk to not
diverge too much from the main asterisk code base, so as to ensure a proper
stream for it.

too much divergence and we have two pieces of software competing for each
other.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/