[Asterisk-Users] Re: www.openpbx.org

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Sat Oct 8 02:20:39 MST 2005

On 8 Oct 2005, at 09:49, snacktime wrote:

> I don't know, after looking at their roadmap I don't get it.  It
> must be the asterisk commit policies that are driving this.  They
> have some good ideas, but they are going about this the wrong way
> if their goal is to create a successful fork of asterisk.

If I remember right, OpenPBX folks feel that Digium diverged from the
'right path' when they released ABE.
OpenPBX is a response to that. Check on the archives around the ABE
announcement to get a
flavor.

I'm passing _no_ judgement, except to say that some useful projects
have been started
for eccentric reasons.

I started our SNMP stack as the result of someone saying 'Java can't
do that' and I just had
to prove him wrong :-)

Tim.