[Asterisk-Users] Re: www.openpbx.org

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 7 21:26:41 MST 2005

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 09:45:53PM -0400, Paul wrote:
> Doug Meredith wrote:
> Also consider that there are situations where 100% open source is never
> allowed. Check out visa/mastercard processor certification for a good
> example. Digium dual licensing availability means I could actually stand
> a chance of using asterisk as the basis for systems used by military and
> law enforcement in applications that require extremely high security.

There is a popular vendor of closed source products whose security has been
compromised often. The security of OpenSSH is well established.

Reading this list iwe learn that the open source version of Asterisk is
currently being used by military personnel.

Asterisk offers ways for users to implement eavesdropping applications which
undermines the goal of attaining extremely high security.

Open source is for sharing if that's feasible and closed source is not.
Dual licensing is for both.

--
Mike