[Asterisk-Users] call to a particular 800 number never showsanswered on Zap channel

Andy Goss agoss at networkadvocates.com
Fri Oct 7 14:37:11 MST 2005

Thanks for the reply.  Forgive me for being naïve, however have jumped in to this asterisk project at work due to some circumstances beyond my control and I don't know a lot about carriers and how this all works.  I am figuring it out, but it's a lot of trial by fire.

As far as I know, we only use 1 carrier for our system.  We have a PRI from NuVox and we use 7 channels for our asterisk server.  So, I have a few questions:

Is asterisk or the carrier causing the disconnect?

Is IBM (the 800 number I am dialing) not passing the answer supervision or is that a function of the carrier?

Is there a way to make asterisk not drop the call or to force the answer on this number?  Seems like a hard-PBX would have to be able to handle this type of situation.

Thanks,
Andy