[Asterisk-Users] call to a particular 800 number never shows answered on Zap channel

Garth Summey garth at christian.net
Fri Oct 7 14:17:32 MST 2005

This one drove me crazy for a while too.  I found out that some
companies don't exactly play fair and don't pass answer supervision on a
call until you are actually speaking with a live person.  The person I
spoke to about this wasn't sure if that was even legal, but he said it
happens quite a bit.  I was lucky in that I use multiple carriers
(voipjet and broadvoice), voipjet disconnected the call after 60
seconds, but broadvoice did not, so when I find one of those 800 numbers
I route it through broadvoice.

Hope that helps,