[Asterisk-Users] success story: TE406P (quadspan with hardware echocan)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Oct 7 14:15:39 MST 2005

Andy Kuo wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>  I'm using a TE406P too, and I have "echocancel=yes" in zapata.conf.
> Is this redundant? Should I take the line out?
>  Please advice.

No, if you don't put 'echocancel=yes' in zapata.conf, Asterisk will not
request echo cancellation on the channels. If it doesn't request it, it
won't be provided.

Having the hardware echo can module just means that _when_ Asterisk
requests it, Zaptel will be able to provide it without using software
resources to do it. Keep in mind that Asterisk != Zaptel, they are two
different layers of the system.