[Asterisk-Users] Teliax users, g729 question

John Reynolds reynoldsjc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:50:38 MST 2005

I am using Teliax to terminate my calls, and I have 3 licenses' for
g729 from Digium. "show translations" verifies that the registration
took place.

When I place a call, having "allow=g729" as the only allow option in
iax.conf, I get the following error:

WARNING[361]: chan_iax2.c:6017 socket_read: Call rejected by
208.139.204.228: Unable to negotiate codec

If I place a call with g726 as the only allow line, then the call
completes as desired. I realize I could just use that (g726), but
it seems odd that I cannot connect using g729 when both of us support
it.

I have checked, double checked, triple checked my account with teliax,
and made sure that the g729 box is checked for both sip and iax. I
have also contacted support, they have responded, but not with
anything that would be considered helpful.

My question then to you all is this: Are you connecting to Teliax via
g729? if so, how... what are you doing that I might be missing?

Your guidance will be most appreciated.

John R.