[Asterisk-Users] Echo cancel on HFC-S cards and CIDNum setting on outgoing calls

Christian Gansberger c.gansberger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 02:55:24 MST 2005

hi all!

I'm running an Asterisk-box with bristuff-....RC8n and 2 HFC-S cards.
I m located in Vienna/Austria. I have the problem that on outgoing
calls i hear my voice as a short echo (about half a second).  This
occurs not on every call.

I tried some changes in my zapata.conf, with rxgain and txgain
settings, but to me its
hard to find a configuration which is good for every call i make. Is
there anyone in the list who has an asterisk running with HFC-S card
(in Austria), with the right settings for the echo cancelation (for
Austria Telecom NTBA)?

zapata.conf:

[channels]
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = bri_cpe
faxdetect=incoming
pridialplan = unknown
prilocaldialplan = unknown
echocancel = yes
echotraining = 100
;echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=1.0
txgain=-2.0

callerid=asreceived
;callerid="BlaBla"<+431xxxxxxx>
usecallerid=yes
usecallingpres=yes

overlapdial=yes
immediate=no
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
group = 1
context=from-isdn
channel => 1-2
signalling=bri_cpe
channel => 4-5

2) I also have the problem of setting the CIDNum on outgoing calls.
Telecom has enabled CLIP, so i can set the CIDNum - they told me that
i can. But all i get to work is that my number is not shown (CID
withheld). The setup for that looks like this.

2 Asterisk Box A and B:
Box A with quadbri for incoming calls (lets say Nr. 1234567) and for
outgoing i make IAX2 to Box B with 2 HFC-s (Nr. 7654321) for outgoing
calls. All i want is that the outgoing Nr. is shown as the Nr. of the
incoming BRI (1234567).

extension.conf

[dialout-isdn]
;all (allowed) only shows the Bri number (7654321) which is the wrong
number - i will set  Number 1234567 of the Other BRI i have for
incomming calls on another Asterisk
exten => _X.,1,SetCallerPres(allowed)
;exten => _X.,1,SetCallerPres(allowed_not_screened)
;exten => _X.,1,SetCallerPres(allowed_failed_screen)
;exten => _X.,1,SetCallerPres(allowed_passed_screen)

;exten => _X.,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=+4311234567) ;Error Set no such
command
;exten => _X.,1,SetCallerPres(prohib)      ;this works

exten => _X.,1,SetCIDNum(1234567)                       ;nothing is set
;exten => _X.,1,SetCallerID("BlaBla" <011234567>) ;nothing is set

exten => _X.,3,Dial(Zap/r1/${EXTEN:1},60,tT)
exten => _X.,4,Noop(isdn is UNAVAILABLE)
exten => _X.,5,Congestion
exten => _X.,104,Noop(isdn is BUSY)
exten => _X.,105,Congestion

Maybe CLIP is not enabling the changing of the Bri Nr.? I don't know.

I would be happy for any advise or comments :)

crs