[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 takes Zap/4 line off hook

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Thu Oct 6 15:13:39 MST 2005

Hello,

I have a TDM400 with 2 FXS modules and 2 FXO modules, as follows:

Zap/1 - internal phone
Zap/2 - internal modem
Zap/3 - exchange
Zap/4 - exchange

Recently I upgraded zaptel (and kernel modules) from 1.0.9-1.1 to
1.0.9.1 and upgraded asterisk to 1.0.9.dfsg.1-3, which are Debian
versions for Debian/sarge of the packages I believe the Debian
maintainers created (not in Debian)

The above upgrade may not be related. It might be coincidence.

Anyway, yesterday I noticed I cannot make incoming calls on Zap/4 (I
get the busy signal) or outgoing calls (I get silence).

I unplugged the phone connection from Zap/4, and tried ringing it, it
started ringing.

I plugged it back in, and my computer died. If a picked of the phone
on Zap/1 all I got was extensive static noises. Resetting my computer
didn't help. Turning it off and on didn't work. Eventually I got it
going again.

When the computer booted, it didn't detect the zaptel card for some
reason. It appears that asterisk will lock the computer up if it loads
and it can't detect the card for some reason. This is confusing,
because when it crashes something else is happening in the foreground
(usually loading proxy server). However, if I stopped asterisk from
automatically loading the computer would boot again. In the process I
removed the TDM400 card, this only confirmed my theory.

Anyway, at the moment everything is working again at the state it was
when I started. Any ideas on how to make Zap/4 work correctly?

Zap/3 still appears to work fine.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>