[Asterisk-Users] Selecting outgoing trunk based on extension number

Mark Hatton mark at xela.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 05:10:18 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have situation in that we are renting out a room in our office building to
another company, including the provision of phone lines via our Aterisk box.
To keep billing simple, we would like them to be billed separately for all
their calls. We think we can achieve this by them leasing their own outbound
IAX trunk (which our providers have said is no problem) and having all their
calls routed to that trunk.

However, we use AMP and I can't see a way of selecting the outgoing route that
should be used based on the extension number of the phone placing the call. I
am reasonably certain that this can be achieved, but I can't find any
information out on the net, despite a large amount of Googling.

I haven't got a problem with adding custom stuff to the extensions-custom.conf
that AMP provides, but I just don't have a clue what to add!

If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the direction of some suitable
documentation, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

--
Mark Hatton, Xela Limited