[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 + Jitter Buffer

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Oct 6 05:57:08 MST 2005

> According to the wiki, "IAX2 jitter buffer (when turned on) doesn't
> currently work well with trunking (trunk=yes in iax.conf)
> Yourcall...sstartto....soundlike....this :-)"
>
> Is this still the case? If that's so, how do you do to use trunking in
> conjunction with a PRI card? Do you use another, separate asterisk box
> for the jitter buffer?

I believe that at least one issue might still exist in cvs-head (built
Sep 27th). I still need to recreate the problem to validate the issue.

The issue involves two asterisk systems running the same cvs-head, iax2
link, trunk=yes, and jitterbuffer=yes. Normal calls originating and
terminating using Cisco 7960's (one on each system) works and sounds
fine. However, if no one answers the sip phone and the call goes to
voicemail, the voicemail recording of the audio is definitely not good.

The VM audio sounds terrible and is hardly understandable. Changing to
trunk=no seems to have corrected the problem.  I still need to go back
to trunk=yes to validate whether the terrible audio returns. If time
permits, I will do that today.

Rich