[Asterisk-Users] www.openpbx.org

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Thu Oct 6 04:22:36 MST 2005

harry gaillac a écrit :

>Hello,
>
>What do you think of this project www.openpbx.org ?
>Something like ser and openser !

Since it is a fork of Asterisk, I can't help to think that "the truly
opensource PBX" refers to the fact that Digium has all copyright on
Asterisk code, and hence is able to sell commercial licenses. Which
would imply that somehow Asterisk is not "truly open source" - which is
bullshit. I find it really appalling.

Despite this, I hope there will be some interesting developments with
the project and that it was not done just "out of spite" towards Digium
which gave us a great PBX. Wait and see...