[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-3000 setup in Brazil

Paul Davidson planac at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:25:47 MST 2005

All-

I'm attempting to set up a Sipura SPA-3000 in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Not being a
portuguese speaker, I'm having a rough time of finding the relevant
information on how to make the thing pick up the PSTN line and make an
outbound call.

The sipura in question works fine on a bench connected to a POTS line in the
US, but is now plugged in in Sao Paolo. The immediate thing I notice is that
the voltage is high by US standards- 66v, as opposed to 48. But no
combination of settings will seem to make it work properly- attempted
outbound calls generate dead air. A brazilian POTS phone hooked up to the
FXS port on the unit works just fine- I can ring it, and it can call into
Asterisk.

Am I barking up the wrong tree, and does the device have to be different for
it to work in Brazil, or is there some magic I need to apply to the Sipura
config to make it work?

Any previous experience shared would be welcomed, and eventually, published
on the wiki.

-pbd