[Asterisk-Users] Auto-assign CallerID for all my FXS Interfaces

Shaw Terwilliger sterwill at sourcegear.com
Wed Oct 5 15:40:15 MST 2005

As far as I can tell, in order to have caller ID show up for calls from other
internal phones, I have to set the caller ID on each channel in zapata.conf.
This is tedious, and redundant (since Asterisk knows which extension is
making the call, and it could look up the name from the voicemail
configuration--if the extension matched the mailbox).

Is there a way to set the caller ID for these calls from the voicemail
information so I don't have to duplicate all the names?  Is there some
variable or function that will return a voicemail name for an extension?
Would this functionality be pretty trivial to implement?

Also, the stutter dialtone mapping to mailboxes requires the same
duplication. However, I can't see how Asterisk would know that a zap channel
"belongs to" a single extension, so I can understand this requirement.

--
Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill at sourcegear.com>
SourceGear LLC