[Asterisk-Users] Define variable in sip.conf

Benjamin Lawetz blawetz at teliphone.ca
Wed Oct 5 13:25:27 MST 2005

I'm looking for a way to transmit a user specific variable to my dialplan

If we use the example of the hair color, I was thinking of having something
like:

[bob]
context=users
host=dynamic
secret=password
type=friend
username=bob
hair=brown

[lary]
context=users
host=dynamic
secret=password
type=friend
username=lary
hair=black

And be able to access from the dialplan:

[users]
Exten => _X.,1,NoOp(my hair color is ${hair})

So that when lary would call we would get a NoOp "my hair color is black"
and when bob calls we wouls get a NoOp "my hair color is brown"

Is there currently any way to do this with sip.conf or sip_buddies ?

Thanks for you help

Ben